Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles M Sloan Jr has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have been going to Dr Sloan for 2 and half yrs.. He is very attentive and caring for my needs when it comes to my pain. He is very strict when it comes to taking and getting pain meds, that's a good thing. His staff is very friendly and easy to talk to. Dr. Sloan has a very good bedside manner and is very professional. He now does injections in his office, which makes it very convenient for me. I absolutely adore his nurse Nichole, she its very easy to talk to and she makes sure that if u have any problems that they get fixed pronto. I absolutely enjoy my visors to the office just because of the atmosphere.
I have been a patient of Dr. Sloan;s since 1998. Positives: He's not afraid to prescribe medication when it's needed, I appreciate the fact that he makes his patients sign a contract and follow rules when it comes to certain medications, he's always current regarding changes in the field of pain management, he's always very careful about drug interactions, and he's extremely funny! I also really like his nurse/assistant Ashley. Cons: since I've been seeing him he's moved his office like 6 times (I hope he stays where hes at because its been the best of all of them, I miss the way he did some things when he was part of Painet such as doing procedures in the office and charging alot more for the procedures and then accepting what the insurance paid as payment in full. I also wish his office would call the day before to confirm appts, sometimes its hard to get a person on the phone and phone calls arent always returned. Finally I wish the lab that does his random drug testing was in-network for my insurance company.But I like him so much that I'm willing to live with the "cons".
35 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Charles M Sloan Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMatt Sloan Md Pllc, 12870 Hillcrest Rd Ste H200, Dallas, TX
Dr. Charles M Sloan Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.