Dr. Charles Sweet Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Sweet?

Posted on June 12th, 2015

Terrible! Awful! Worst experience at a doctors office ever. No one ever calls you back unless it has to do with billing-go figure. Never provide a receipt and won't send one to you. Wrong diagnosis. Bad follow up. Won't ever go back!

Posted on May 17th, 2015

I've seen a lot of psychiatrists over the years. I feel Dr. Sweet is the best of those I have seen.

Posted on May 8th, 2015

Terrible. Worst care I have ever received. No one ever calls you back!

A great choice!

Posted on February 12th, 2015

Best Doctor I have found in Austin. Knows his stuff and doesn't waste time.

concerns with staff not passing on messages

Posted on January 27th, 2015

I had a bad reaction to some medication that Dr. Sweet prescribed. I left message after message with his staff, but no one ever got back to me. I would have loved Dr. Sweet's input on what to do (stop taking immediately? titrate off? switch to something else?), but was left to figure this out on my own. There's no excuse for that. For Dr. Sweet himself, I have no complaints.

good adult care experience

Posted on September 24th, 2012

Dr. Sweet was careful not to diagnose me with a psychiatric illness without first ruling out other health issues, which was enormously comforting to me as a first time psych patient. As an adult patient I've had a very positive relationship with Dr. Sweet. I shared with him what my treatment goals are and he's done a great job helping me reach those goals. He also very graciously answers emails between office visits which has been invaluable to me.

He's our family doctor

Posted on September 15th, 2012

My son and I are both patients of Dr. Sweet. He is a very calm doctor with a tranquil office and attentive disposition. It's amazing how he treats both of us according to our personalities and not in a cookie-cutter-meds-dispenser kind of way. I highly recommend Dr. Sweet to anyone looking for a psychiatrist in Austin.

Very good experience

Posted on September 5th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Sweet for several months now and have found him extremely patient and careful in making a diagnosis, as well as responsive (both in the office and on the phone) to the difficulties I have with medication. Since he has not been quick to diagnose me and has never judged any of the undeniably bizarre neuroses I have explained to him, I trust him more than any psychiatrist I have seen before. My only complaint is the office staff. They seem overwhelmed, and thus, unable to be patient with the patients.

Another adult perspective

Posted on July 24th, 2012

I agree with the previous reviewer regarding bedside manner (I am an adult). I realize that some psychiatrists purposefully do not give feedback (show emotion, nodding, smiling, etc.) when a patient is talking in order not to influence what the patient says, but the level of disengagement here is disconcerting and even upsetting. I know that a psychiatrist is not a therapist, but I have had much more humane, even if still scientific-ish rapport with psychiatrists in the past.

Posted on July 14th, 2012

As an adult Psychiatrist, he's not there, I'm not sure he's concerned w/ following up or one's well being. Hopefully for children he's better engaged & more willing to provide support, answers & interest (which I believe he's capable of) & not just dole out meds. If meds are all you need, go for it, but you have to deal w/ a less than stellar office staff & zero bedside manner. You'll definitely not have to worry about wasted time, he doesn't.

Doctor's Response

With our new clinic, the staff and I are better able to respond to our patient's needs.

The Best of the Best

Posted on February 22nd, 2012

Dr. Sweet was a miracle for us. He is an amazing human being and doctor. Really cares about you and the family. Listens closely and asks lots of questions. Not quick to rush to a diagnosis. I recommend him highly. He is very patient and calm and honestly one of the best psychiatrists in Austin.

Excellent Care

Posted on March 16th, 2011

Listens to you and seeks your input. Does not condescend. Explains medications - options, side effects, symptoms best treated by particular med. Answers questions in understandable terms.