Dr. Charles Toman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Charles Toman?

Dr. Toman saved my arms

Posted on December 10th, 2017

My name is Joseph C. Two orthopedic surgeons said they would not touch my left shoulder I’ve had 6 operations. Dr. Toman told me I might lose the use of my arm.He put two reverse shoulders in.After on of my operations my mrsa flared up and Dr. Toman had to remove my shoulder and put a block of antibiotics and insert a port close to my heart for antibiotics for six weeks.The bottom line is I would have lost the use of my left arm if any other doctor would of worked on me. Dr. Toman looks you in the eye when he talks to you which is important to me. He also had to put seven anchors in my right arm as well and fought to make the insurance company understand I needed a reverse shoulder for the right arm as well. I have to say if you have a problem with your shoulders you shouldn’t go to any other doctor.I believe doctor Charles toman is the best man for the job thank you Doctor Toman.

Excellence In Motion

Posted on December 8th, 2017

Dr. Toman is a very thorough, organized and precise surgeon! His entire team is responsive and a pleasure to work with. They always return calls in a timely manner, fill prescriptions quickly and are very professional. My Physical Therapist was astonished that Dr. Toman ordered a CPM chair the day after my shoulder surgery. This allowed the healing process to begin rapidly and recovery wasn't easy, but there was never a decline in my progress. I would highly recommend him!

A Superb Orthopedic Surgeon

Posted on November 20th, 2017

My first appointment with Dr. Toman was in August 2017 when I saw him for a hip replacement consult, which I have been avoiding for over two years. From the moment we walked into his office, we were greeted with knowledgeable, courteous & friendly staff. The office is very clean, comfortable, well organized & conveniently located. After checking in, we were escorted to an exam room where Dr. Toman arrived minutes later, sat down and without any interruptions or distractions, explained the entire procedure in detail and listened to & answered all of our questions. When we walked out of his office, we had thorough understanding of what was involved in the procedure and recovery time. I developed an immediate trust that his decisions / recommendation would be in my best interest. My wife & I looked at each other & stated at the same time, “he’s the one” and we scheduled my surgery date. The management of the paperwork & communication by his office staff throughout the entire process was phenomenal. I didn’t have to follow up on anything !! On the day of the surgery, I arrived at the hospital at 6 am & went to the building as per the well written instructions and was processed without delay. In the surgical preparation area the staff that I encountered, introduced themselves & explained their role in preparing me for surgery. Dr. Toman arrived and marked the surgical side & I was transported to the OR & placed on the table. The next thing I remember is waking up in recovery feeling a fraction of the pain that I walked in with. On the afternoon of the surgery, I was walking with a physical therapist & walker in the halls. Such a great feeling !! There were no complications. Dr.Toman & his staff checked on me several times throughout my hospital stay. Dr. Toman is without a doubt one of the best physicians that I’ve encountered in my 45 years in the medical profession. His demeanor and bed-side manner is calm, positive, thorough, attentive, flexible, and personable. His surgical skills are amazing, as evidenced by my only 5” scar & my ability to ambulate the same day of the surgery. I would highly recommend Dr.Toman to my colleagues, friends & family members with absolutely no hesitation.

Knee Replacement

Posted on November 1st, 2017

I am a woman in my mid-seventies who had a severely arthritic knee. After years of various treatments I was referred to Dr Toman. What I liked most was that he was kind, empathetic, and cut right to the chase. He said I would need a knee replacement but before I did that, I had other courses of treatment that were less invasive if I wanted. I chose to delay surgery and over the better part of a year, found temporary relief but nothing lasting. I elected surgery and had it done Aug 15 of this year. Dr Toman did the surgery and my recovery has been remarkable. My pain is gone and my scar is absolutely minimal. In fact my boyfriend says I can still wear mini-skirts!!!!! If you need any type of orthopedic surgery, I would highly recommend Dr Toman. You may find his equal, but I doubt you will do better. Thank you Dr Toman.

Most Amazing Orthopedic doctor

Posted on October 10th, 2017

For many years I’ve suffered with severe knee pain. I wasn’t able to bend my knees and could barely walk. Steps were impossible. I met with Dr. Toman and we discussed my options and felt replacement knee surgery was the best one for me. He replaced my right knee and the results are amazing. I can bend my knee! In a few days, he will be replacing my left knee. I’m so excited and thrilled that I found Dr. Toman! Thank you so much!

I rate Dr. Toman 5 stars

Posted on October 9th, 2017

Dr. Toman performed a reverse total shoulder arthroplasty on my right shoulder. I am still recovering with no pain and am going to therapy and have already increased my range of motion. In my opinion this man is the best and also a great doctor in every way. His bed side manor is superb. Which brings me to his office staff. His staff are very friendly but yet very professional. they handled everything very well making my part simple. I would recommend Dr. Toman to anyone who is in need of an orthopedic surgeon

Shoulder Surgery

Posted on October 9th, 2017

I had extensive shoulder surgery with Dr Toman in June and I am on my way to a full recovery. While I was in considerable pain prior to surgery, I now feel great with full range of motion - a tribute to his excellent surgical skills and the post-op regimen he supervises. Moreover, he and his staff are kind, caring and considerate of my individual needs. I highly recommend Dr Toman.

So far so good!!!!

Posted on September 27th, 2017

Respectful, clear, does not take patients for granted. Had knee replacement six weeks ago, experiencing the usual discomfort, minimal pain and amazing incision healing.

Open Fracture Dislocation Left Elbow Joint

Posted on September 15th, 2017

While visiting in South Florida, I fell on Saturday evening on January 28, 2917 with an open fractured dislocation of left elbow joint. I was taken by ambulance to Boca Regional Hospital, into Emergency and admitted to the hospital. At 4AM on Sunday morning, I received a call from Doctor Charles Toman saying that he was coming in early to perform my first surgery to clean out all bone fragments and close with a Fastner until he performed my 2nd surgery - a total elbow anthroplasty, While in Boca Regional for 10 days, - Dr. Toman was involved with infectious disease team and nursing staff to oversee my excellent care. After surgery, being totally dependent on my husband and loved ones for my care, I am grateful to be totally independent once again because of Dr. Toman's,, discharge instructions for home care nurse, therapist, 4 months of out patient OT & PT. I was in an emergency situation where I was not able to do the research I would normally do to choose the most Qualified Doctor. I had the good fortune of getting the very best. I live in Ocala, Florida - a 4 hour drive to Dr. Toman's office - I have gone back to Dr. Toman for all my follow up visits - 1 more to go. I believe this says it all about a Most Amazing and Caring Doctor - THANK YOU DR. TOMAN

TOTAL SHOULDER REPLACEMENT

Posted on August 20th, 2017

On May 9, 2017, Dr. Toman performed a total shoulder replacement. I'm 64 years old healthy and very athletic and have been involved in sports my entire life. As a result, the cartilage in my right shoulder wore out resulting in bone to bone contact and severe pain. The surgery was a complete success and I began passive motion therapy six days after surgery at home. The pain I experienced at this point was a (4) on a scale from (1-10) from the surgery. Dr. Toman provided for and explained how to manage my pain. My original shoulder pain was completely gone. On June 12, Dr. Toman referred me to and I began physical therapy at Miller Physical Therapy in Delray Beach three days a week. Additionally, I have been going to the gym two days a week doing my stretching and same exercises I do at the physical therapy sessions as well as cardio (stationary bike). It has been seven weeks since my surgery and I'm currently very close to full flexibility. I could not be more pleased with my surgery and the progress I have made at the direction of Dr. Toman. I did extensive research before choosing Dr. Toman. He is professional, caring and candid explaining all your options. I'm very confident in saying he is a skilled surgeon who is extremely knowledgeable and informed on the latest materials and procedures relating to this type of procedure and I would recommend him without reservation. Additionally, I would like to recognize and thank Dr. Toman's staff and office personal all of whom were helpful and professional. William K. (Boca Raton)

Posted on August 11th, 2017

It's been three years since my right shoulder surgery. I have full use of my right shoulder and my right arm. Prior to surgery I was unable to move my arm more than 3 inches from my body. Dr. Toman did an amazing job. In addition, his office staff were always very friendly and efficient.

Posted on August 6th, 2017