Get the facts about bowel incontinence, including the causes and who is most at risk of developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charles V Phillips
Dr. Charles V Phillips, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bakersfield, CA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Phillips is affiliated with Kaweah Delta Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center and Adventists Medical Center Reedley. He speaks English.
Dr. Charles V Phillips has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Phillips would not prescribe me any pain killers other than vicoden after my gallbladder removal surgery. I am allergic to vicoden and not only did he still try to prescribe it but refused to give me anything else after I informed the staff I could not take it. He said ibuprofen should be fine. After a night of no pain meds I called my regular physician who prescribed me pain medication I was able to take. Taking it as directed I will run out tomorrow and am still having a lot of pain and drainage. I saw Dr. Phillips today and he said everything looked fine and sad that if I wanted he could give me antibiotics but he didn't think I needed them. And that again I did not need anymore pain killers after he made me cry from pushing on my stomach so hard. I again called my regular doctor and he took care of it. Pain management and patient health is not important to him at all.
he may be a good surgeon, but who wants a surgeon that is rude and mean? I know I didn't appericate hime pulling me by my neck within a week after having my side sliced open. He was the most inconsiderate person/ doctor I have ever encountered. And then he took what I said to the heart and cried like a baby!! However thankfully there was an awesome suregon with in his office that was respectful & generous that ended up taking care of me cause I refuse to ever see that man again..... Worst experience ever... If you want a surgeon that cares about how you feel, DO NOT SEE HIM!!!
Dr. Phillips is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Kern Medical Center
Dr. Charles V Phillips accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRiverwalk Surgical Associates, 3838 San Dimas St Ste B231, Bakersfield, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles V Phillips in this video.
Dr. Charles V Phillips is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.