Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charles J Willey has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 42
Willey was my elderly parents main physician. My 85 year old father received the worst medical care in his long life with Willey. The treatment of six weeks of antibiotics, without the usual gut care resulted in my father suffering toxic bloat, acidosis and what little bit of health my father had left was destroyed. Willey prescribed methotrexate for my fathers psoriasis which can cause lung damage to even the healthiest lungs, which dad did not have. The only consistent visits between Willey and my parents (it was almost always a nurse that tended my folks) was when my father was given his terminal diagnosis. I don't think that his condescending bed side manner was lost on my parents. In the end my parents, siblings and myself have the impression that Willey really could care less for his patients quality of life but more on their death. Before employing Willey you may want to do a little research.
Death of a loved one is difficult in any circumstance and a not uncommon initial response is anger. Sadly, the statements and inferences in this review are not correct. ======When folks make it into their 80s, they can have persistently uncomfortable chronic illnesses, such as COPD, CHF, or cancer, often with home O2 or loss of mobility, and other irritating or painful diseases such as psoriasis, arthritis, etc. They may choose to forgo treatments as it may only buy some months more life at best, and at worse, make life more miserable in the interim. =====At Innovare Health Advocates, we take the time and risk the candor in helping patients and families honestly understand these difficult dilemmas, but sometimes there is conflict between the patient’s wishes and family’s. ======Clostridium Difficile Enterocolitis is endemic at even the “best” healthcare facilities, especially hospitals. Potential complications are why we sometimes have to discourage elective procedures for the, chronically ill, though sometimes patients and families may be disappointed. ====Methotrexate lung disease is rare at these doses and the relief in cases like this were well worth the risk as there was misery without. Methotrexate does not lead to lung cancer, but a lifetime of smoking certainly does.
37 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Charles J Willey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInnovare Health Advocates, 9915 Kennerly Rd Ste J, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles J Willey in this video.
Dr. Charles J Willey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.