Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charlotte J Guest has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Charlotte J Guest has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Charlotte J Guest has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Charlotte J Guest is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Do not see this woman if you or your loved ones wish to have any mental health issues addressed. She was dismissive of a grave family concern and at no point addressed mental health! She was arrogant, flip, and did not take control of the situation. Patient left in a far worse state than when arrived. She should not be allowed to practice.
Dr. Guest always takes time for me. She is interested in what is happening in my life and work. She always returns calls and emails promptly (may be from RN). Dr. Guest has taken me from the point of no hope to one of living life to the fullest. She takes her time with med adjustments which typically need that time to work. She has collaborated with other professionals in my life and I trust her implicitly. She answers my questions and usually throws in a little humor with each visit. She is one good psychiatrist!
While wait times can be a little long, it is definitely worth it because she always spends a lot time with me. I never feel rushed. She is not just interested in how I am doing physically with the meds, but also with how I am doing mentally and how my life is going in general. She has a lot of common sense advice and it is like having a little therapy session. I feel like she typically works with me if I have opinions about my care.
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Charlotte J Guest accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- BCBS MN BluePrint
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Preferred One PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealthpartners Regions Behavioral, 1811 Weir Dr Ste 355, Saint Paul, MN
Dr. Charlotte J Guest is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Paul, MN.