Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charlotte E Loew has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
To make a long story short , complained about an issue for at least 3 years and Dr. would not refer me to a specialist. Finally got one and had to have surgery which could have been avoided if I was treated earlier. She would not give me a choice of specialist, it had to be in her network even though I had many choices closer to my house that my HMO accepted. Waiting time in exam room was ridiculous and notes about billing taped to walls unprofessional.
My experience mirrors many others. Dr. Loew spends ample time during a physical, but she is always running behind. Waiting 45 minutes to 1 hour in an exam room is not uncommon. She has great bedside manner and she is thorough during a physical, but I would argue too thorough. A yearly hearing exam for a young person seems like a waste of health care dollars (and my dollars) so I have to ask to defer along with other erroneous tests. Her daughter Jenny charges for "vascular surgery" when it is a venipuncture for basic labs. This is fraud. Lastly, when you need her for a real problem, she takes a "watchful waiting" approach which in my opinion does not work when it is difficult to book an appointment in the first place. Since I am not a patient that complains of any medical problems, I wish that the one time I brought up a concern it would be addressed with immediate action and vigilance. My experiences unfortunately are congruent with other patients that have shared their experiences with me.
Dr. Loew has a good bed side manner, friendly and thorough however beware of how her office bills. I had a physical and was billed for diagnosis's I never spoke to the doctor about but was in my chart from prior visits. My physical is suppose to be free and because of this false diagnosis I was charged. I fought back and forth with her daughter Jenny who does the Billing and lost the battle. Also when they tell you that you have to go for more blood work PLEASE do not get sucked in to having your blood drawn there. They charge you for an office visit!!!! Disgusted finding a new doctor! I rated the lowest on staff due to Jenny her daughter. She is horrible however Nancy at the front desk is very nice and friendly at all times.
Dr. Loew spent an hour with me during my initial visit. She was very thorough and she has a calming way about her. She ordered a full blood workup prior to the appointment so that we could review on my first visit. Her office followed up with me when the results from my mammogram came back with an area of concern. They ordered an ultrasound to ensure that it was normal dense tissue.
Only complaint I have is the way this doctor bills. Be aware. My physicals are suppose to be free through my insurance and I'm paying out $300. Jenny is their billing person and the doctors daughter. I will not be going back after the 4 month battle I had to fight over my bill. Apparently I'm not the only one who had an issue with the way they bill. When you start talking to other people about your situation they seemed to of had the same situation and has left Dr. Loew. It's a shame because she's a good doctor.
45 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Newton Wellesley Hospital
Dr. Charlotte E Loew accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLoew Family Medical Practice PLLC, 23 Stiles Rd Ste 213, Salem, NH
Dr. Charlotte E Loew is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, NH.