Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Charlotte Hagan has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I am an educated professional in a very high stress job. As the stress in my life grew so did the stress in my home life. After many years of sleep issues coupled with the feeling that I could not turn my mind off was beginning to take its toll on me to the point where I impulsively overdosed on Zoloft just trying to make it all stop. The minute I took the overdose I instantly took myself to the ER. I ended up under the care of Dr. Hagan at Virginia Baptist. She came to my hospital room and asked me a ton of questions. At which time she spouted out a ling sentence. I really wish I could remember exactly what she said but at that very moment I broke down into tears. She asked me what was wrong and I told her "you just described my entire thought process and life in one sentence". For the first time in my life I felt like someone actually got me and they weren't trying to just pass me off as depressed or an Ambien addict. Thank you Dr. Hagan for getting me!
Find another doctor. This lady can't keep her mind straight!.One day she tells me she will prescribe me a new medicine,the next minute I know she is prescribing me completely something else!If you ask her a question she gets defensive and flustered.Also does not seem to have much knowledge about what she is doing She does seem to have a case of some kind of dementia so be careful or you will be doomed.
I met Dr. Hagan through Lewis Gale pavilion hospital visits. I have some disturbing emotional problems that alot of people can't handle. I turned to drugs and alchol for emotional problems. That seemed to be ALL she wanted to treat me for once she found out. Seemed once she found that out, the emotional trauma i was having didn't seem to matter to her any more. She IMMEDIATELY diagnosed me as a drug addict and alcholic and that was not the case at all. I just had begun seeing her in her office. She got fed up with me not owning up to being a "drug addict and alcholic." I broke some contract (which i'm sure pleanty of others have done the same in her office, yet were not dismissed)so she used that excuse to not seeing me any more. Then, i recieve a nasty letter from her office that basicly told me to never contact her again. One of the times that i was in LG pavilion, i had cut myself that morning and she let me go that very day anyway. Wanted me out of her hair. She eventually got her ultimate wish. Congradulations "Dr." Hagan.
28 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Charlotte Hagan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Charlotte Hagan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.