Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Charmaine E Edwards MD
Dr. Charmaine E Edwards, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decatur, IL, with another office in Red Bud, IL. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. She speaks English.
Dr. Charmaine E Edwards has 2 locations
1800 E Lake Shore Dr
Decatur, IL 62521
Dr. Charmaine E Edwards has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Charmaine E Edwards has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 4 of 4
really doubt if she passed med school
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charmaine E Edwards - Posted on July 14th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charmaine E Edwards - Posted on September 23rd, 2015
There are no words to describe my disappointment in the care I received. Suffice it to say that I had to switch doctors when I ended up in the emergency room. I spent the next 6 months being told they didn't understand the care I (didn't) receive from her. She is personally very nice, but she was apparently very distracted- with created problems for me.
Good luck with this receptionist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charmaine E Edwards - Posted on November 25th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charmaine E Edwards - Posted on February 18th, 2012
27 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
St Louis University School Of Medicine
Dr. Charmaine E Edwards Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Charmaine E Edwards's office for more information.
1800 E Lake Shore Dr Decatur, IL 62521
325 Spring St Red Bud, IL : (618) 282-7373
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charmaine E Edwards, MD - Gastroenterology in Decatur, IL, in this video.
Dr. Charmaine E Edwards is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Decatur, IL.