Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chaula Patel
Dr. Chaula Patel, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, St Barnabas Hospital and Wakefield Hospital. Dr. Patel has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Chaula Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Chaula Patel has the following 1 expertise
- Heart Failure
Dr. Chaula Patel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
This office is always overcrowded. Standing room only in ï»¿the morning. When you come in expect to wait 1-2 hours just for your vitals to be checked cause there are about 25 people ahead of you just waiting for vitals. Once ï»¿the vitals are done they tell you that ï»¿the doctor will see you soon.Which is another 2 -3 hour wait. ï»¿The office is very disorganized.It was not like this before. I have a new doctor now.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program (2016, 2017, 2018)
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
St Barnabas Hospital
Lincoln Medical & Mental Hlth Center
Children's Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center
Montefiore Medical Center: Weiler Division
Bronx Lebanon Hospital
Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Concourse Division Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center-Fulton Division
Union Hospital at Bronx
22 Years Experience
Government Medical College
Graduated in 1991
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Chaula Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA HMO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & DirectionsTracy Tower Medical PC, 1560 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chaula Patel in this video.
Dr. Chaula Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.