Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chawki A Gerges has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
Showing 5 of 16
THE FIRST TIME I WENT TO DR. GORGES, HE WAS VERY STERN AND MATTER OF FACT. HE ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS, WHICH I REALLY APPRECIATE, HE WANTED TO KNOW ALL OF THE MEDICINE THAT I WAS USING, AND HE REVIEWED ALL THE INFO HE GOT FROM ME AND DIAGNOSED ME AS DIABETIC. HE PRESCRIBED MEDICINE AND EXPLAINED THE FACTS ABOUT THE MEDICINES THAT HE PRESCRIBED AND WHY HE WAS PRESCRIBING THEM, AND WHAT TO BE ALERT ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS I MIGHT EXPERIENCE AND WHEN I SHOULD GO TO THE HOSPITAL IF I HAD BAD REACTIONS. I ACTUALLY LIKE DR. GORGES, HE IS UP FRONT WITH ALL OF MY PROBLEMS, I HAVE COPD, ASTHMA, NERVE DAMAGE IN MY HIP GOING DOWN TO MY TOES. AND DIABETES. THANK YOU DR. GORGES, YOU ARE REALLY A FINE AND GOOD DOCTOR, AND I LIKE THE FACT THAT YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT YOUR PATIENTS. AND I APPRECIATE ALL YOU DO FOR ME. THANK YOU I RATE YOU AS A NUMBER 5, EXCELLENT.
I think this is the best physician I have ever had. The staff are wonderful people and Dr Gerges is kind, caring and skilled. I have always received the best of care and he listens to what you say. (not like some that insist you don't know how you feel or ignore your concerns) I feel comfortable that he is interested in my well being. The best you will find in Visalia, Ca
being in the medical field , I have not seen many doctors that are very straight forward, but Dr. Gerges is very straight forward ! He could also be the type of doctor that favors patients that come from money more . His staff sometimes has its days where you could feel tension in there office because you could tell that some of them don't get along ...although his diagnosis are great .... there is always a good side and a bad side to every clinic ! whether it be the doctor or staff ...
If you like a no-nonsense doctor, he's the one for you. My husband and I have been going to him for many years. He makes us feel at ease. Every time we've gone for a second opinion, his was right. He won't soften a diagnosis. It is what it is. We like that. His office staff is very efficient and has helped us out on more than one occasion. If you want to be coddled or like your hand held, he's probably not for you. He does have a sense of humor and seems extremely intelligent and well-educated in his field.
Dr. Gerges is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1993
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Chawki A Gerges accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChawki Anis Gerges Md, 131 S Tamarack St Ste A, Visalia, CA
Dr. Chawki A Gerges is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Visalia, CA.