Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cheena Ramrakhiani
Dr. Cheena Ramrakhiani, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ramrakhiani is affiliated with Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital, San Leandro Hospital and San Ramon Regional Medical Center. Dr. Ramrakhiani has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Cheena Ramrakhiani has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Ramrakhiani is quite knowledgeable and professional, and I trust her advice completely. However, she seems to rush through her appointments with me. Since I pick things up quickly, maybe she feels she doesn't need to spend much time with me explaining things, but for whatever reason, she seems eager to wrap up and move on to her next patient quickly -- maybe to make up time in a very busy schedule? Who knows, but it's happened that way both times I've met with her. In addition, she comes across as a bit cold and robotic -- including in her follow-up emails. From what I've observed of her, she hasn't got a warm and fuzzy bone in her body. So she gets low marks for "bedside manner" and "spends time with me," but 5's on all the rest. Since "the rest" is what really matters to me in the long run, I intend to stick with her.
I had bad reactions (where I had heart palpitations) with my medications and she ignored them and insisted there were no other medications I could try, and that I should try taking them at night so I don't notice the heart palpitations as much (I just ended up not being able to sleep). My primary care physician had to intervene and explain this was unacceptable before she would recommend another medication.
Dr. Ramrakhiani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Sardar Patel Medical College
Graduated in 1997
St Louis University Hospital
Dr. Cheena Ramrakhiani accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPalo Alto Medical Foundation, 87 Encina Ave, Palo Alto, CA
Dr. Cheena Ramrakhiani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.