Dr. Cherilyn Shurtz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Cherilyn Shurtz?

Great Dr...office staff make it not worth it

Posted on May 5th, 2017

An amazing Dr that doesn't push unnecessary tests and is amazing with little kids. However the office staff are unmovable on appointment times, rude, and are incapable of doing their job. Referrals have to be faxed they say they will do it and they don't it takes constant badgering to get it done. If they need to talk to you about something they will call you talk to them give it an hour someone calls about the exact same thing and this goes on for day. Put it in the system. They overbook so when you have to go in for vaccines or checkups your looking at months out...when you have a baby that's NOT an option they have to get in for that stuff and what if they get sick? You walk up to check in and your standing there because they are to busy gossiping to do their job. My husband and I both work in the field I know when it's gossip vs important and the difficulty in scheduling important appointments is ridiculous, do your job. If you don't just sit there and let them walk over you and argue with them about getting your kid in when it's needed (keep in mind you have to do that otherwise they will be behind) then as soon as they acknowledge you they will get you back to a room fairly quickly...and you will wait an hour before the Dr comes. When it's consistent it's a scheduling issue not there was an emergency. Love the Dr but unfortunately due to the inadequate staff can no longer go there. Kids come first find a different Dr.

We love this doctor

Posted on May 30th, 2012

When my son was born, Dr. Shurtz was still in her residency. She would come and visit with us and then the actual doctor would come in and double check here work. She was always so nice and very sweet to my son. She listened and cared about my concerns. I was a first time mother. I never felt rushed. I liked her so much that when she finished her residency and went on to her first real doctor position, even though it was further away for us to drive, 25 minutes, we followed her there and still use her today. I love her. Now I'm pregnant again and I feel very safe having her to take of my new baby girl too.

Posted on June 8th, 2016