Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl L Almirante has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Almirante was very thorough during my visit. When she came into the room she was already aware of my condition and had viewed my CT scans that where done at another hospital. After talking with me about my symptoms and examining me she immediately took me in for an ultrasound and biopsy. I am awaiting the results of the biopsy but I am very pleased with the care I received from Dr. Almirante.
I went to this doctor with very high hopes that she would be able to help me with my problem, and boy was I fooled. She took no time with me at all. She came into the room clueless. I filled out my paper work and mailed it back into her a week before my appointment. She never looked at it until she came into the room for my visit. I kept trying to explain to her what was going on and she kept interupting me. She stayed on the computer the whole time and never even looked at me. I expected way moer out of her, especially since she is one of the professors at EVMS. I will not return to see her. No manners at all and not a very good doctor in my opinion.
Dr. Almirante is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Montefiore Medical Center
Dr. Cheryl L Almirante accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStrelitz Diabetes Center, 855 W Brambleton Ave, Norfolk, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cheryl L Almirante in this video.
Dr. Cheryl L Almirante is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.