Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl A Basden has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Cheryl A Basden has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
I saw Dr. Cheryl Basden about 15 years ago. She moved to a different part of the state and i have had 2 other primary care physicians since. The first one was good but she retired. My present physician does not spend as much time because she thnks i have no illnesses. which is true but i still need to be able to talk to her.
My overall opinion of Dr. Basden is that she is awesome! She is very kind, professional, knowledgeable, patient and informative one of the best doctors I have ever had or have seen one of my family members or friends has! However, the wait time is awful! There has not been a time when I didnt have to wait at least an hour before being seen, except when I am one of the first patients. Even then, I know there is a minimal 30 minute wait. Therefore, I try to get the early morning appointments. Once she is seeing you, she makes you feel you matter as a person not a patient to her. Additionally, her staff is good. The ladies are very kind, professional and knowledgeable. I highly recommend Dr. Basden if you are patient. I know my patience has grown as a result of being one of her patients. Nevertheless, I believe she is worth the wait but her office would be awesome if the weight was cut at least in half. Then, the little hesitation I have on recommending her would be gone.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Basden is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Gwinnette Medical Center, 3650 Steve Reynolds Blvd, Duluth, GA
Dr. Cheryl A Basden is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duluth, GA.