Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cheryl Booker-Carter
Dr. Cheryl Booker-Carter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Southampton, PA and Sellersville, PA . She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Booker-Carter is affiliated with Grand View Hospital and Albert Einstein Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Cheryl Booker-Carter has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 14
If I could give zero stars, I would. Now I have never actually meant this doctor but the facility that she works at, is horrible. I informed them that my current doctor closed their practice and that I would need a new doctor and be able to be given a prescription at my first visit. I provided them with my old doctors records which I informed them were not readable. I think it is ridiculous to ask a patient to drive all the way there for a eval when it is very clear what they are seeking. Furthermore, I think it is insane that it takes a week and half for them to provide paperwork to a doctor to review that is not even accepting new patients. Shouldn't the practice know which doctors are accepting new patients and which ones are not. I would not go to any doctors that belong to the practice that Dr. Cheryl Booker-Carter. This place does not care about patients or their needs. Furthermore, there bedside manner is horrible.
Dr. Booker-Carter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Grand View Hospital
Albert Einstein Medical Center
28 Years Experience
Temple University Physicians
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Cheryl Booker-Carter accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cheryl Booker-Carter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.