Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cheryl Browne
Dr. Cheryl Browne, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Harbor City, CA. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine, Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Browne is affiliated with Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital and Memorial Hospital of Gardena. She speaks English.
Dr. Cheryl Browne has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Browne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Good Samaritan Hospital
Memorial Hospital of Gardena
Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
Kaiser Permanente Harbor City (South Bay Medical Center)
Pacific Alliance Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
Valley Childrens Hospital
Sharp Memorial Hospital
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
St Joseph Health, St Mary
California Hospital Medical Center
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
26 Years Experience
University of California at Irvine
Graduated in 1987
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Cheryl Browne accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Harbor City (South Bay Medical Center), 25825 Vermont Ave, Harbor City, CA
Dr. Cheryl Browne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harbor City, CA.