Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cheryl J Buda
Dr. Cheryl J Buda, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Buda is affiliated with Nebraska Methodist Hospital, Chi Health Immanuel Medical Center and University Campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy. She speaks English.
Dr. Cheryl J Buda has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Cheryl Buda is the best psychiatrist that I've ever had! I have been to others and not one has ever cared enough to give me the right diagnosis. Dr Buda gave me the right diagnosis, because she took the time to ask the right question! In doing so,she also put me on the right medications. What a change in my life to be on the right medications! This has given me my life back! Thank you so very much Dr. Buda!
While I was initially satisfied with Dr. Buda's treatment after my first appointment, I had never been to a psychiatrist before, I soon learned that she was not the psychiatrist for me. She had me weigh myself at the beginning of every appointment, and tell her the weight from across the room, and then said something like "Why did I put down disordered eating?" I've battled with anorexia before but I was at a healthy weight at that time, regardless, her outward dismissiveness about my weight was unprofessional and crass. The medications that she prescribed for me were fairly good at treating my symptoms, but I thought that she had no interest in me as a patient beyond giving me some new medication during every 15 minutes appointment.
Dr. Buda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Cheryl J Buda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPsychiatric Services Pc, 9239 W Center Rd Ste 211, Omaha, NE
Dr. Cheryl J Buda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.