Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Cheryl A Burns
Dr. Cheryl A Burns, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gainesville, FL, with another office in Ocala, FL. She has 40 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Burns is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Cheryl A Burns has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cheryl A Burns has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
Dr. Cheryl A Burns has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cheryl A Burns is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 8
Absolutely the most unprofessional medical office I have ever visited. The staff stated that they do not have fax or emailâ¦..???????? I felt as though I were in a third world country in 1960 waiting to be seen. The waiting room was FULL of plants in pots that made it feel like a jungle and the receptionist area looked like an episode of "Hoarders". The drinking fountain was crusted over and had a giant plant sitting in it. I wonder if the health information privacy laws are adhered to in that office. Absolutely unbelievable. Shockingly and disturbingly dirty in appearance. And, this is an "infectious disease" specialist??? I would never recommend this practice to another.
Dr. Burns is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cheryl A Burns, MD - Infectious Disease in Gainesville, FL, in this video.
Dr. Cheryl A Burns is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.