Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Cheryl G Franklin has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Cheryl G Franklin has the following 21 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Pelvic Exam
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Pelvic Pain
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Pap Smear
- Genital Warts
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
Dr. Cheryl G Franklin has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cheryl G Franklin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 6
My first visit with Dr. Franklin was not a good experience. She does not take the time to sit and talk with her patients and when she does, she feels insluted by what has been said about her bedside manners. I did not feel that she took me serious on what I said to her. I felt lumped in with all of her patients and not an individual. She is very pushy and over bearing, she does not listen to her patients.
This is the absolute worst doctor I have ever been too. I had an abnormal pap smear and it took the doctor 4 months to make me aware. I had to call them to inquire about my results in order to get answers....not to mention I have a history of abnormal paps. She is very unprofessional and does not seem to care about her patients at all. Her bed side manner is the worst I've ever experienced. Women...please run. Don't go to this doctor!!! I am an African American women and purposely sought out this doctor. I will never go to her again, I have since switched OBGYN's.
Dr. Franklin has been my obgyn for over 5 years. I sticked with her becuase I could tell she knew what she was doing even though she was not very personable. She spent very little time with me after waiting on her undrsssed for almost an hour. I told her I had a fibroid and she never took the time to give me an ultrasound, instead she told me that the insurance would not pay for it. Now I am trying to get pregnant and decided to try another gyno after not having that personal connection with Dr Franklin and my friends telling me over and over that you need to have that relationship with your obgyn. I found out that I have not on but 2 fibroids, and an extra ovary and I might have to operate. If she had spent more time evalating me and not contine to say "your ovaries seem normal to me" this would have been discovered. I am not trying to be an angry person but I beleive your obgyn should be warm and personable and try to help in what way they can, Dr Franlklin just seemed to be going through a rountine and it just makers me so disappointed. After 5 years of having annual pap smears and check-ups it would hurt to now now have problems.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1985
Strong Memorial Hospital
Dr. Cheryl G Franklin accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsMorehouse Healthcare, 1800 Howell Mill Rd NW Ste 275, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cheryl G Franklin, MD - Gynecology in Atlanta, GA, in this video.
Dr. Cheryl G Franklin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.