Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl R Goyne has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Cancer Pain
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic Pain
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Acute Pain
Showing 5 of 33
Dr. Goyne has treated me on two occasions, and both times I felt that I received excellent, attentive care delivered to the highest standards. she is a professional, focused on the task at hand -- but she always took the time to put me at ease and keep me well-informed about my surgery. I would be pleased to recommend Dr. Goyne to anyone.
Dr. Goyne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Cheryl R Goyne accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSouthside Pain Specialists, 1020 26th St S # 100, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Cheryl R Goyne is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.