Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cheryl B Hickethier
Dr. Cheryl B Hickethier, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Public Health and Family Medicine. Dr. Hickethier is affiliated with Adventist Medical Center. Dr. Hickethier has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Cheryl B Hickethier has the following 2 specialties
- Public Health
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Cheryl B Hickethier has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Occupational Medicine
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Cheryl B Hickethier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I saw this doctor in the beginning of my illness. She loves to ignore the patient, is condescending, and missed Lyme and co-infections. Her miss cost me over 20 years of my life. Do yourself a favor and walk away. Find a good doctor. The university or years in practice show nothing. It comes across how she is. Ask for your chart to see the judgements she passes on you, because she hasn't a clue as to what's wrong. Bad doctor!
I like Dr. Hickethier, she's a good doctor and you don't have long waits in the waiting room. She's good with kids.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hickethier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Cheryl B Hickethier accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMount Tabor Family Medical Group, 5919 SE Belmont St, Portland, OR
Dr. Cheryl B Hickethier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.