Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cheryl L Smith
Dr. Cheryl L Smith, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Brownstown Twp, MI, with another office in Southfield, MI. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Smith is affiliated with DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital - University Health Center, Hutzel Womens Hospital and Beaumont Hospital -Trenton, Southshore Campus. Dr. Smith has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Cheryl L Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Cheryl L Smith has the following 11 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Adolescent Medicine
- Women's Health
- Family Planning
Dr. Cheryl L Smith has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
I've been her patient for years, but since she moved to the hospital office it is not the same. It used to feel more personal, like speaking with a friend, and the staff KNEW who I was. Now they aren't even friendly. Also, it normally requires 6 weeks for an appointment and the wait in the room is way too long,
I've been going to Dr. Smith for a few years now and am consistently impressed with her willingness to discuss issues with me, as well as her kindness and accurate diagnoses.
My family has been going to Dr. Smith for 8 years now. Everyone loves her. I have 9 family members seeing her. She is kind, compassionate, caring and reminds me of an old fashioned dr that would do housecalls. The only issue has been the front desk since she has moved to the Henry Ford building. They suck. I miss the old staff but Dr. Smith is the same as ever. You will not regret seeing her.
Dr. Smith is a very personable, caring physician who is probably the best Doctor I have ever had. However I cannot give the same praise to the front end staff who seem to me very inexperienced and more interested in keeping people in line than anything else. However once you are back in an examination room the care is excellent.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Cheryl L Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cheryl L Smith in this video.
Dr. Cheryl L Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brownstown Twp, MI.