Dr. Cheryl Lee Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Cheryl Lee?

This surgeon is dangerous

Posted on March 7th, 2015

I had stage 1 cancer and did not want my ovaries removed; this was both in writing and verbal agreement (unless there was medical reason while in surgery). Dr Lee gave me a hysterectomy anyway and did not tell me, I had to find out on my own, a week after surgery. She gave no reason, other than (I learned) it is easier to do the whole surgery this way. She told me, after 6 weeks and upon my careful questioning, that I could resume all and any activities I did before surgery. I was leaving for a trip and lifted heavy suitcases which resulted in a hernia at surgery site. I now, for the rest of my life, can lift no more than 10 pounds. Dr Lee was, before surgery, ready to give me the wrong type of surgery, the one she specializes in (where the bag is inside me, not outside). I was ready to go, until I found out that my very weak health and age put me in a category which no other surgeon would have done such surgery, only young and healthy people are able to have this. Dr Lee comes across as caring but who she cares about is herself and her promotions. I consider her dangerous.

High Risk Patient

Posted on July 15th, 2013

I am classified as an elderly male with frailties due to multiple medical complications. When the BCG treatment failed twice, I was referred to Dr. Cheryl T Lee at the University of Michigan. Radical cystectomy was my only option for a cure. My surgery went extremely well and I had no complications. My recovery is complete and I would highly recommend Dt. Cheryl T Lee.

Bladder cancer

Posted on June 23rd, 2013

Dr. Lee was great. Diagnosed my bladder cancer and performed surgery which, 3 months later, has me on the path to full recovery. Dr. Lee was extremely courteous, professional, direct, knowledgable and took time to answer any questions that I had. I wil continue to see her for follow-up examinations and would highly recommend her to anyone with this type of cancer. Additionally, her staff was extremely caring, sensitive and competent. She and her staff are the best!

Consummate professional -- compassionate and caring

Posted on June 18th, 2013

Every aspect of my diagnosis, surgery, treatment and follow-up by Dr. Lee and her team was exceptional. Even prior to meeting with her for the first time, she took the time to phone me during the holidays to personally arrange a consultation. Once the diagnosis of bladder cancer was confirmed and the course of action decided, a bladder removal and replacement with a neobladder, Dr. Lee and her team covered every aspect of what I should expect. Due to this, many things that seemed daunting at first became minor challenges. By the day of surgery, I was completely at ease. Dr. Lee performed the surgery and monitored my recovery. Her thoughtfulness and compassion were evident. At one point she phoned me with positive test results because she wanted to be the first one to deliver the good news. Due to her expert care, I was out of the hospital ahead of schedule and my recovery has gone smoothly. I think the most impressive thing about Dr. Lee is her genuine concern about each patient. At every juncture she devotes 100% attention to every detail of your case. I appreciated that she was honest about everything and did not try to gloss over anything – I had the straight information, period. That said, her honesty was delivered with compassion and understanding so that every concern I had was addressed. My interaction with Dr. Lee was (and is) a tremendous experience. No one wants to be faced with something like cancer, but having a consummate professional like Dr. Lee in your corner is indeed a blessing.

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

when I first found I had cancer I found Dr Cheryl T Lee the best choice I could have made, she is realy thoughful and dependable,,I would never want to go to a different Dr after my first appointment. She tells you what she needs to,,She is a perfect and caring cancer Dr.

Posted on April 22nd, 2013

Very professional, personal, patient, thorough & empathetic.

Retired

Posted on March 25th, 2013

I am an 89 year old man that Dr. Lee treated for bladder cancer. She gave me excellent care and used her knowledge and experience in providing me the best treatments. I trust her completely and would highly recommend her to any family member or friend.

Review of Care

Posted on March 19th, 2013

Dr. Cheryl Lee is very professional and yet kind, understanding and I have a great deal of confidence in her handling of my case. She answered all my questions and never appeared to be in a hurry. Her staff is wonderful. I would not have any other Doctor to treat my bladder cancer. I know she has knowledge of the latest and best treatments available and is thinking of my welfare when she suggests how my problem should be treated. She is terrific.

Posted on March 18th, 2013

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer a year ago and was given an appointment with Dr. Lee. Everything was moving very fast and I didn't have time to research other physicians, but everything I read about her gave me great confidence going into my appointment. But everything I read understated what an outstanding and caring physcian Dr. Lee is: very knowledgeable, understanding and empathetic; answered all my questions with patience and made me feel like I was her only patient that day. Despite the aggressive cancer I had, I felt very reassured that my care would be great - and it has been. I am cancer-free one year later and don't even worry - or think about - reoccurance. Dr. Lee is amazing!!

I for one Highly, Highly recommend Dr. Lee.

Posted on March 12th, 2013

Nearly 5 years ago, I began treatment for bladder cancer. Dr. Lee was my "second opinion" doctor, recommended by a friend with the same condition. Seeing Dr. Lee was a life-changing decision. I couldn't be more happy with a Doctor; she cares, she listens and she has always given it to me straight, and in a way that even I can understand. Under her watchful eye I've not had any apprehension of cancer recurrence, a relief in itself. Dr. Cheryl Lee is a four-star doctor in my book!

Posted on September 19th, 2017