Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl P Lopez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 11
It was difficult to make appointment. Took her 3 days to call back. I double check she take my insurance on the phone and she confirmed. When I arrived at my appointement at 9AM, I waited for 75 minutes to see her. While I was waiting, I had a chat with the lady sat next to me and found out she also has a 9am appointment. So, this doctor double booked!!! It was a small office and she was the only doctor. She offered NO appology for the wait. It was a annual physical check up and during the 15 minutes consultation, she went out of the room 3 times! I wasnt able to ask the questions I needed. Another 20 minutes wait, so I went out of the room and check what was going on. I saw her in the corridor and said she does NOT take my insurance!! Was she kidding me??!! I gave her all the information on the phone when I made the appointment 2 weeks ago and she confirmed. She double booked and made me waited 75+20 mins and then said she does not take my insurance. She said she made a mistake!! Never met a "doctor" so crazy!! So reception. A part-time nurse. She made my appointment herself 2 weeks ago!! Dont waste your time on this woman!! She does not care about the patient!! Just want to waste your time and take your money!!
Dont ever go to this Dr! She likes to rack up office visits and it's all about the money. If you want to ask simple question, make an appointment, that's what you will everytime. Office is very disorganized and very outdated. Wait time is ridiculous! Seen in 1 hr of waiting! It's very irritating too that her assistant nor the doctor herself doesn't answer the phone or return calls! Not impressed with the doctor, I don't find her knowledgeable!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Lopez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Cheryl P Lopez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Family Clinic Pa, 3880 Parkwood Blvd Ste 303, Frisco, TX
Dr. Cheryl P Lopez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frisco, TX.