Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl L Hodges has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
In total I saw this Dr maybe a total of ten visits. All were 100% covered by my insurance. Prior to seeing her for my first appt I took it upon myself to get my pre auth from insurance for ten visits completly covered. On approx the 8 th visit I was told u need to pay x amount or you won't be seen again. However, her office tht called me for a appt reminder the day before never informed me of this. Infact, they even left the wrong appt time on my voicemail which I tried to prove to the Dr by offering to play it for her. Her only response without even wanting to hear her employees vcmail was " well, your goin to have to call my office and reschedule. I also sent you certified mail you didn't pick up. I can't see you anyways." My response " ok, why wasn't this mentioned before I wasted my presious time comming here? When your staff called they never mentioned a thing about me not being seen. Do you even have my correct address? It's not that I didn't pick it up upon choice, I didn't even know you sent anything as your accusing I made the choice not to pick it up." My opinion, after this particular Dr found out by my own admission that I am a recovering drug addict, currently in treatment and have over 120 days clean, she started treating me poorly. Everytime I saw here she started only spending maybe ten mins with me if I was lucky. And that was only to prescribe a sleep aid. This Dr has poor tact when it comes to not wanting to uphold her Dr's creed. She more than obviously no longer wanted me as a patient, but had no legitimate reason to "fire" me. I hope you, whoever may take the time to read this thinks twice before putting you metal health in this particular Dr's hands. Just watch what you tell her in confidence, she will hold it against you if she doesn't like it!
University Of Texas At Houston
Dr. Cheryl L Hodges accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCheryl Hodges, 1981 E Palmer Wasilla Hwy Ste 230, Wasilla, AK
Dr. Cheryl L Hodges is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wasilla, AK.