Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl J Szabo has the following 2 specialties
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
- Preventive Medicine
A preventive medicine/wellness specialist is a physician who, through additional training, has become an expert in methods for maintaining good health and preventing disease. These specialists are the doctors people see when they are generally well or without a specific ailment and want to either learn how to maintain their current health or acquire better health.
These doctors will advise patients on specific diets, exercise regimens, and lifestyle habits that are suited to their particular needs. Preventive medicine/wellness specialists take into account a patient's nutrition deficiencies, physical and cardiovascular capabilities, and habits in order to advise specific vitamins and supplements to take, how much physical activity to undertake, and which habits should be broken and replaced with more positive behavior.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Horrible experience. Dr Szabo sent me home with a bruise although my arm was useless. Turned out to be a very bad rotator cuff tear. Had surgery on a Friday and had to be back at work on Monday. Couldn't drive my truck since it had a manual transmission so they sent a Yellow Cab. I was always Pro-Company until this. Couldn't tie the shoe laces on my steel toe boots but no loss of time due to injury which was a joke since I was on pain pills and couldn't do anything. One injury in 32 years and treated like a criminal. I feel sorry for anyone injured at work. Not only was it painful but the Company Doctor made it worse. I wonder if she would appreciate the care that I received if it had been her.
Dr sazbo is a plant dr she cares very little about patient her only concerns is to get you back to work without lost time!i was hurt on job tried to send me back to work hurt said by just looking at me not hinging was wrong refused to go back to work, was sent for MRI had tear in knee needed surgery had to be at work day after surgery! Also told her I had hurt right knee also she refused care on right knee had to use my dr had MRI had two years in right knee had to have surgery! Just a horrible dr but Uss loves her!
37 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1981
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Cheryl J Szabo accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCheryl Jeanne Szabo Md, 105 Bridge Dr, Birmingham, AL
Dr. Cheryl J Szabo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.