Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl A Thomas has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I've always been very impressed with the way Dr. Thomas is able to accurately diagnosis tricky illnesses very quickly as well as her breadth of knowledge (even about the most obscure medical things) and the fact that she is always up on the latest reaserch. I had been dealing with a disease for over 2 years and saw multiple other doctors who continued to treat symptoms that would reoccur shortly after I got off the medicines they prescribed. When I went in to see Dr. Thomas, she systematically went through a series of tests to rule out different medical conditions, and even though many tests kept coming back normal, she continued to believe me that there was something wrong and instead of treating the symptoms, she found the root cause. I had been suffering with Lyme Disease. I've been being treated by her for about 3 months now and am starting to do a lot better. One of the great things about Dr. Thomas is that she uses both traditional and nature treatments. Given the aggressive antibodic treatment I've been on, the supplements have helped me be able to sustain a fairly normal level of activity during treatment. Some of the supplements sold at the office can be found on Amazon for less money; however, Amazon is a bulk seller and you can't expect a doctor's office to be able to match that price as you are also paying for the convinence of having the supplements stocked on site. I personally purchase most of my supplements their to support the office as it has given me really good care. As to the dog mentioned in some of the comments, I'm an animal person so it doesn't bother me; however, on the few occassions that the dog was in the office, Dr. Thomas has always asked if it was ok if the dog came into the room beforehand. Her dog is a very mellow dog that mainly curls up in a chair and sleeps.
I went to Dr. Thomas for years, mainly for annual physicals and also if I was ill at any other time. I finally stopped because while she was very nice & thorough, and her staff was friendly also, I have never been a dog fan. The final straw was when she asked if she could move my clothes off of a chair (I was naked & in a paper drape at this point) so her dog could sit there. This was in a closet-sized room, and again I have never been a dog fan (this has since changed & I have a pup of my own, but I still am a little leary of big dogs & I wouldn't want any dog in the room for my pelvic exam). Also, I *SO* agree with many others who posted here... I was pushed supplements at every visit no matter what I was there for, and I hate the hard sell for anything. And, I also got the gluten spiel a couple of times, and this was way before gluten was a hot topic. So I'm not saying she's wrong, but I wasn't interested in cutting out gluten. Anyway, I think she's a very nice person but I finally had to make the switch.
30 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Cheryl A Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsComplete Care Family Medicine And Skin Center, 27405 Puerta Real Ste 200, Mission Viejo, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cheryl A Thomas in this video.
Dr. Cheryl A Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.