Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cheryl L Westmoreland has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 13
Cheryl is by far the best doctor that I have seen. She doesn't try to fix you herself and will quickly get you to a specialist because she recognizes quickly when you have a serious problem. This is coming from a guy who had to have 8 orthopedic surgerys in 5 years. She is way too good of a doctor to practice in New Castle and we are very lucky to get to have her here.
Was very impressed with Dr. Westmoreland. Her exam and questions were very thorough. Her diagnosis was right on, and her follow-up was also thorough. Excellent diagnostician and her explanation was very understandable. I was impressed that she took all the time that I needed. Also a very personable physician.
Dr. Westmoreland is not your run-of-the-mill physician. She is very, very caring, as well as very competent. She takes all the time needed with each patient, explains things very well, and is so easy to talk to. She has all the credentials, being a graduate of Dartmouth Medical School, but after even the first appointment, I was sure that this is a person who pursued medicine to help people, not make a pile of money. Having her as my doctor is one of my blessings.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2012, 2011, 2016, 2014, 2009, 2015, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
32 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1986
St Vincent Hospital Health Center
Dr. Cheryl L Westmoreland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cheryl L Westmoreland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Muncie, IN.