Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chetan K Desai has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Chetan K Desai has the following 11 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Chetan K Desai is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
From the moment I TRIED to make an appointment with his RUDE staff (that I come to find out was terminated)....which was no surprise..then comes my appointment...the girl at the front desk was reading PEOPLES magazine and MUNCHING on chips when I arrived at 10 AM...and no doubt was too preoccupied reading her PROPLES magazine to do the data entry on my chart CORRECTLY...enters me as a MALE instead of female and gets my address WRONG..then meet with the derelict doctor who never even introduces himself.. Acts as if he could care LESS about me...and starts to dispute any of my PREVIOUS SERIOUS medical history even though he has NEVER seen me and has NO medical records on me. Even as SERIOUS as my conditions are.....and I ASK to be examined...he says he is NOT going to.....????? Then how is it that the bill was $370.00 for a "CONSULTSTION" ...the good news is that along with myself my insurance company DENIED payment because his office manager Leigh FAILED to code the appointment correctly....and even the billing agency for the doctor admitted their negligence...I am not even telling all the MANY mistakes this doctor and his clinic made...but I would suggest if you VALUE your health..you would NEVER CONDIDER this doctor...most importantly charging $370.00 and NEVER even examining me or ordering ANY tests considering the SERIOUSNESS of my medical issues....!!!! ..
Dr. Desai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Chetan K Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Digestive Care, 3901 66th St N Ste 201, Saint Petersburg, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chetan K Desai in this video.
Dr. Chetan K Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Petersburg, FL.