Get the facts about epilepsy, including the different types, symptoms and causes of the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chiedozie I Nwagwu
Dr. Chiedozie I Nwagwu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mission Viejo, CA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Neurological Surgery. Dr. Nwagwu is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Nwagwu has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Chiedozie I Nwagwu has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Back Pain
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Facial Pain
- Neck Pain
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Spinal Disorders
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Tumor
- Carotid Stenosis
- Brain Surgery
Showing 5 of 28
A year ago I suffered an aneurysm and was sent from Saddleback Hospital in San Clemente to Saddleback Hospital in Laguna Hills. Dr. Nwagwu perform emergency surgery on me immediately that day. After surgery he came and spoke with my family , and later he came a visited me late that evening and shared what went wrong with me. To make a long story short, over the next 10 days in the hospital he came checked on me and talked with me each and everyday (including spending over an hour with me on Super Bowl Sunday). His bedside manner was incredible and he truly cared about my well being. I am lucky and I came out of this situation with no long term issues, and I truly believe I overcame my illness, due to Dr. Nwagwu ability to share with me what was going on with me and his amazing skills as a surgeon. If you ever need a neurosurgeon, he is the Doctor you want!!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nwagwu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1997
New York Medical College
Dr. Chiedozie I Nwagwu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrange County Neurosurgical Associates, 26732 Crown Valley Pkwy Ste 561, Mission Viejo, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chiedozie I Nwagwu in this video.
Dr. Chiedozie I Nwagwu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mission Viejo, CA.