Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen has the following 11 expertise
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Very pleased with service and professionalism
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen - Posted on October 16th, 2018
I needed a colonoscopy as part of my physical. Based on my experience with the preparation process, I wanted to find a physician's group that permitted the use of Miralax-based prep due to the unpleasant taste of other preps. I found the gastroenterology group at BJC West County Hospital through an on-line search. Throughout the process, from prep to post-procedure, Dr. Chen and his team were caring and attentive.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen - Posted on March 25th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen - Posted on July 7th, 2009
25 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen
Dr. Chen is practice on the gastrointestinal disorders in adults including: hereditary gastrointestinal cancer syndromes, inflammatory bowel diseases, small intestinal diseases, and novel techonologies for the early detection of gastrointestinal malignancies.
Locations & DirectionsWASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, 4921 Parkview Pl, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Chien-Huan H Chen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.