Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chih-Wen Shi has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
The doctor and staff are prompt enough, and kind enough, but they spend such little time with each patient, and have so many patients, that most of your visit is just repeating your medical history to EVERY individual that you speak with. They cannot be bothered to remember who you are, or look at their own charts and history for you prior to your appointment, or speaking with you. Dr Shi will at least sometimes read what you told the tech, which is better than some of the docs there... But she doesn't always do this. Also, she rarely spends more than 5 min in the room with you. This means that you either get no diagnosis, and a referral (which is preferable, I'd rather see a specialist to diagnose and treat a specialist problem), or she will just act is if there is no problem and tell you to come back if it persists. I've only ever recieved 1 accurate diagnosis in the 4 years I have been assigned to this doctor. For a sinus infection, which is admittedly, an easy diagnosis. The speed of the appointments also makes for a very painful female examination and PAP smear. 15 years of PAPs, and hers was the first one I cried at. I also never receive a breast evaluation on my annual physicals, even though I have a rather lengthy family history of breast cancer. I'm not quite old enough to require mammograms, so I'm just left to my own devices to hope that I recognize an unusual lump.
31 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Los Angeles County-Harbor-Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Chih-Wen Shi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVa San Diego Medical Center (Visn 22), 3350 La Jolla Village Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Chih-Wen Shi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.