Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chike G Onwuka has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
If you are looking for a doctor who seems to really care about his patients, Dr. Onwuka is a good choice. Along with medications, he recommends a healthy life style and will not hesitate to tell you so. My wife and I have switched to Dr. Onwuka's practice after we had a bad experience with our former family physician. I feel that Dr. Onwuka spends enough time with us, and adequately addresses our concerns. Both he and his staff are courteous and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Onwuka.
I would highly recommend this doctor for many reasons. He is prompt, easy going, attentive and thorough. We had to switch doctors, because our doctor of 30 years retired. We had reservations in going to any new doctor, particularly after a couple of visits to the one who "replaced" ours. However, after one visit with Dr. Onwuka, I'm confident that he will our physician for years to come. Additionally, the staff is EXCELLENT. We've had to make several calls in making this transition and in every instance they have been pleasant, courteous, professional and very attentive to our needs. What a refreshing and pleasant change from the other medical personnel we tried to work with.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Chike G Onwuka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSalim Yusuf Mansoor Md, 9135 Piscataway Rd Ste 420, Clinton, MD
Dr. Chike G Onwuka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clinton, MD.