Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chinyere Amazu
Dr. Chinyere Amazu, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Lanham, MD. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Amazu is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Mt Washington Pediatric Hosp and Prince George's Hospital Center. Dr. Amazu has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Chinyere Amazu has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Chinyere Amazu is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have to say, the journey to finding an excellent pediatrician has been a long one, but I've found one in Dr. Amazu. She really cares about her patients, and the office staff is very cordial and entertaining! I absolutely love going to her. She knows her stuff, and she has the child's best interest at heart always.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Amazu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Mt Washington Pediatric Hosp
Prince George's Hospital Center
University Of Maryland Medical Center
Harbor Hospital Center
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Laurel Regional Hospital
George Washington Univ Hospital
University of Maryland Medical System
26 Years Experience
University Of Ibadan
Graduated in 1987
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsChartered Family Health Center, 6105 Box Oak Ct, Lanham, MD
Dr. Chinyere Amazu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lanham, MD.