Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chirag A Shah has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Chirag A Shah has the following 11 expertise
- Ovarian Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Vaginal Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
Dr. Chirag A Shah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. At the first appointment, Dr. Shah went over my test results and clearly informed me of what would be done surgically. Surgery went as planned and I was even able to go home that night. I didn't need pain medication after the surgery. I've had no side effects. A couple of calls to his office after surgery were returned promptly and a full answer provided. I liked the convenience of having surgery at a location near me (Valley in Renton).
September 2016 I was diagnosed with a benign ovarian mass. I was told my health conditions made it too risky for surgery and the mass would be monitored. The mass was growing and would continue to do so, I wanted it removed. My neighbor highly recommended Sweedish where she has been a patient for over 2 years and has had all good things to say about the doctors and staff. Due to an unforeseen change the doctor I had originally planned to do my surgery was unavailable. Dr. Shah stepped in at the last minute to help me. I was so relieved to keep the same surgery date with all the work leave paperwork having been completed. Our first visit he requested I have a "new" ultrasound and that the surgery was safe and I was in good hands. On the day of surgery Dr. Shah reassured me everything looked good and how long the surgery would take. When I came out of surgery I felt great. Dr. Shah popped in and said no cancer so you get to go home! My pain level 1-10 was a 3. The surgery was such a success I have my friends mad at me since it barely slowed me down. They can't believe how active and pain free I have been. With all the issues since I was originally diagnosed I was beginning to think this surgery was doomed. I am very happy to say THANK YOU Dr. Shah! You are truly a gifted surgeon and I am a very healthy and happy person to prove it!! Bless you and your staff.(Elizabeth rocks!)
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
16 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Chirag A Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chirag A Shah in this video.
Dr. Chirag A Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.