Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Chithranjan Nath
Dr. Chithranjan Nath, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sleepy Hollow, NY, with another office in Yorktown Heights, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nath is affiliated with Phelps Memorial Hospital Center-Northwell Hospital. Dr. Nath has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Chithranjan Nath has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Cushing Disease
- Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Nodular Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Growth Hormone-Secreting Pituitary Adenoma
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 71
Dr. Nath is everything I could ever ask for in a doc. I am so happy I found him this summer. I find him to be very stylish and chill for a doc that is so well known and accomplished in endocrinology. Perfect bedside manner and so intelligent but He makes everything simple for someone who knows nothing about medicine to even understand. Dr. Nath has set the standard for me in terms of how a great doc should be! He has the Sweetest staff too
Dr. Nath is a wonderful doctor! He is very knowledgeable and spends time sitting and talking with his patients. I have learned so much from him. His staff are also wonderful.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2013, 2012, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Nath is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Kasturba Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Chithranjan Nath accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chithranjan Nath in this video.
Dr. Chithranjan Nath is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Sleepy Hollow, NY.