Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy
Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fresno, CA, with another office in Selma, CA. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Kandaswamy is affiliated with Clovis Community Medical Center and Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy has the following 3 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr K is a warm and caring doctor. She seems competent and thorough. And the office staff is very courteous as well. However, there are some administrative issues like lack of followup, confused billing, and excessively long wait times in waiting room and exam room, long after scheduled appointment time.
This office and staff are the most unprofessional people I have ever been to. I waited over a month, 3 phone calls and faxes from my surgeon for approval and it still never came. They discussed another patients medical test with me twice because they pulled up the wrong patient info. Sitting in the waiting room is entertaining you get to hear all the details of their life. Very inappropriate staff.
I am 57 years old and can say without hesitation this is absolutely the worst doctor I have EVER been to in my entire life. First time seeing her, I sat in her lobby for 2 hours after my scheduled appointment waiting to be seen. One lady left, angry. After being examined, the Dr. was suppose to ensure that I had a monitor to gauge what was transpiring with my health the next day (one was not available at the time of my appointment). After 3 phone calls back to her office, I wrote her a letter, expressing my exasperation at her lack of concern for my immediate health, and upon receipt, she called me back. I returned for another appointment, and she suggested I needed an overnight monitoring. I asked her THREE times if it was covered by my insurance, and she assured me it was. I went for the monitoring, the results came back, and then...silence. Absolutely no follow-up whatsoever. To add injury to insult, a year later I receive a $3,500 bill from the outside source, because, you guessed it, it wasn't covered by insurance. When I called her to discuss that matter with her, she denied ever saying it, and when that didn't work, said it was the outside source's responsibility to tell me I wasn't covered. So, if all that wasn't quite bad enough, ONE YEAR LATER, I get a bill from her saying I didn't make two of my co-pays. So thenI had to take the time to download my statements from a year ago, to prove I had paid her. The incompetence of this entire office is just insane. I wish no one this experience.
Dr. Kandaswamy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Stanley Medical College
Graduated in 2005
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Chitra D Kandaswamy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.