Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katherine C Wang
Dr. Katherine C Wang, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Wang is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen. She speaks English.
Dr. Katherine C Wang has the following 4 specialties
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Wang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Katherine C Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Oncology, 8196 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 100, Dallas, TX
Dr. Katherine C Wang is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Dallas, TX.