Dr. Choi K Velasco Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Choi K Velasco?

Wonderfully charming and caring doctor

#1 on my list!

I've been to many doctors and don't think very highly of most of them, but I think Dr. Velasco really cares about me!

Bed-side manner and nurse response lacking

Dr. Velasco will make you come back for several unnecessary visits. He meets with you - makes you come back for in-office blood work - then makes you come back for results. Why can't blood be drawn while there and a phone call re results (unless otherwise needed)? Bedside manner is lacking. Laughed that I brought a list to initial visit. Not good at listening. Put me on medication that worked but made me gain rapid weight. When I faxed and then called and left message trying and get him to call-in a perscription for the alternative medication we discussed, no response at all - no call back, nothing (was non-narcotic drugs, so this isn't a drug-seeking thing). When called again to find out why no return call, no one could tell me. Told to call other office - had called them before and they said to all this one! Run-around. Nurses unorganized. This is not a well-run practice and I question why they would require multiple visits if not seeking multiple insurance billings. Do not recommend at all.

First appointment

Since my original Doctor moved and no longer took my insurance, I went to Dr. Velasco in Indian Harbor Beach. Was very impressed.

I love Dr. V!! He is awesome. I recommend to all my friends to him. He is sincere and has a great bedside manner.!!