1.7

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Choudary V Kavuri?

Avoid Choudary

I went to him a year ago and he would prescribe whatever the drug salesman was pushing with samples. So, whatever cup/pen/trinket on his desk that day was what he prescribed. I also had several times I was asked for cash for visits I had already paid for and was double billed and when I questioned this I was told it was not the same bill ????

Very strange

I was suffering from incredible anxiety and depression when I went to see Dr. Kavuri. I was literally crying in his office while he laughed and told jokes and teased me about my personal life. After a few minutes he told me to leave and come back in three days, which then led to me begging for him to help me right then and there. His response was to toss me a packet of drugs that he had no clue would work on me or not and then to have me come back later to take some sort of test that after two months I still have not received results of. Dr. Kavuri enjoys talking about the awesomeness of the Indian race while completely ignoring the problem which you came in with. So if you like doctors that dole out meds real quick and spend little to no time or effort trying to actually help you, he is your man.

Horrifying experience

My son was treated by this doctor after an emergency admit to the children's psychiatric ward. He refused to return any of my phone calls & would never meet with me to discuss the treatment plan. He did not consult with my son's psychiatrist about his medications or his care. I received a bill for 10 visits when he only came in to the ward to see my son three times for a total of about 30 minutes. I would NEVER send anyone to this doctor!!!

Will not be returning

On my first visit, I waited for an hour and a half because of a scheduling mix up only to spend less than 5 minutes with the dr. On my follow up visit three weeks later I arrived on time only to find the entire office was empty. After waiting in the waiting room for 25 minutes and calling the office from the waiting room, only to get a machine, I left. I will not be returning.

Worst Psych Doctor EVER

My personal experience Dr. Kavuri was not much more than sickening. I had no initial assessment with Dr. Kavuri before he diagnosed me with a chemical/mental disorder, which I still disagree with. Now my medical records label me with a "disorder" that I will have to carry around with me forever. If only the man would have taken 10 minutes of his precious time to LISTEN or attempt to meet with me after my and my families several requests, I would not be judged and labeled as a mental mess who cannot be trusted. The stress in one's life can be alleviated or changed, but a medical diagnosis remains in the patient's records forever. The doctor does not always know best, nor do corporate pharmaceutical companies when they try to sell pills for people's problems instead of a helping hand or a listening ear.

Dr. Choudary V Kavuri is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Decatur, IL.