Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chris N Conteas has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Chris N Conteas has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 8
Upon experiencing severe digestive disorder in my mid thirties I was assigned to doctor Conteas at Kaiser Permanete Sunset. Dr. Conteas was very professional and had a great bedside manner. He exhausted all efforts to make a correct diagnosis. Over the past 20 years I have relieved excellent care for my chronic illness.
I am not a complainer but the way Dr. Conteas treated me, Made me write this review. He (not the nurses) actually cancelled my appointment TWICE! And each time they didn't give me a new appointment and I had to get a new one myself and each time I complained that this was their fault / mistake they contacted him and told me that Dr. Conteas says there is nothing he can do and I need to make a new appointment myself! I just chose him because one time I was at Kaiser I saw how nice and cariing he was with his patients and then I did some onlise research and thought he might be a good Dr. After my very first appointment was cancelled and I waited 2 months for the new one I went to his office and to be honest He was very nice and friendly at our first and last visit but that was all! He didn't even examine my stomach where I had pain! I meas seriously? He made me wait another 4 months for the second appointment and then cancelled it for the second time!he could not care less about his patients! Now I have to find another doctor from the begginning and wait a few months for my appointment but no matter what I will never go back to him.
Dr. Conteas is one of the best physicians that has ever taken care of me. He is kind, knowledgable, patient, empathetic, thorough and always accessible by phone. My only problem with him is the way Kaiser stacks his appts. It's a BIG problem. It makes it very difficult to schedule routine follow ups with him and to get an appt when something goes wrong. He manages a chronic condition for me so appt access is crucial. I still give him 4 stars though for being so wonderful!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
43 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Los Angeles Medical Center, 5119 Pomona Blvd # 5151, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Chris N Conteas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.