Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher P Matthews has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Christopher P Matthews has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Christopher P Matthews has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
This physician is now a pain specialist, though I cannot locate any information about his training in pain medicine. Maybe it is there, but you would think it would be made public, if it exists. I had the feeling that he was rather a beginner at this. He was supported during the whole visit by another person from the pain management team. I arrived early to fill out paperwork, but was roomed right away. He kept wanting to begin, but I kept pointing to the paperwork. Finally, still before the scheduled time, we just began, and several times during the visit he pointed to the paperwork and pointed out that I had not completed it. I don't believe he was fully aware of all facets of the drug he prescribed, neither its form nor its half life nor some of the possible complications, but that is very detailed, so I won't go into it. After one phone call, he wrote in my chart that I had very poor coping skills. The pain management psychologist and I had a good laugh about that. But he has helped me in one major respect. He wrote in y chart that I had an "unrealistic expectation of cure". This so inspired me to prove him wrong that I no longer have chronic pain. I guess, from his perspective, chronic pain is incurable because he doesn't really know enough cure it.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsChristopher Podgorski Matthews Do, 3325 N Interstate Ave, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher P Matthews in this video.
Dr. Christopher P Matthews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.