Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Chris A Pate has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Chris A Pate has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Chris A Pate has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Chris A Pate is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. Pate is probably most caring physician I have ever been to. He will spend as much time as needed to listen and detail a plan. He is a very down to earth individual. He is constantly studying new things to help his patients. I have also seen his nurse practitioner and his physician assistant on a few occasions and have also been very impressed. I would recommend Dr. Pate to anyone seeking an intelligent, knowledgeable physician with top bed side manners!
Dr. Pate really cares about me. He is very busy but he takes enough time to make sure he addresses my situation. He is very professional and seems to stay current with his education. One complaint, he loves to give rx's but would not use them himself...what does that say about the relationship w/ drug companies? I'm glad I am in his practice.
Dr pate needs to stop letting his children come and stay at the office and he has a very difficult time keeping staff.
Dr. Pate is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1985
Anderson Area Medical Center
Dr. Chris A Pate accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWestern Wayne Medical Center, 2280 US Highway 70 W, Goldsboro, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Chris A Pate in this video.
Dr. Chris A Pate is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Goldsboro, NC.