Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christian A Devaux has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christian A Devaux has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Christian A Devaux has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Suggested I modify my diet and that my long-term back problems (which I believe are the result of adolescent-onset scoliosis) could be modified by changing my diet which would reduce a "chemical imbalance in my brain". No relief was provided for my pain. I had to wait 15 minutes to see him and then most of my appointment was spent waiting in the "patient room" alone, flicking through a magazine whilst he made decisions on "whether or not I was ready for treatment". Do not go here and waste your $130. Quackery, in the true sense and according to the original meaning of the word.
My husband and I had new patient/insurance appointments with Dr. Devaux so we were in the room together. I went first and explained that I was diagnosed at OHSU with Multiple Sclerosis and would need, in addition to having a primary care physician, a referral to OHSU. He asked me in a very rude way how I knew I had MS. I explained again the process I had gone through and who had done the diagnosis. He then stated that he could put in a referral but it would probably be denied. The entire time he spoke to me, he rarely looked at me and seemed irritated at what I was saying. Then it was my husband's turn. My husband had been experiencing quite a few health issues and set about trying to explain them, including concern over his low blood pressure. The doctor zeroed in on the fact that he smokes and stated that all his health issues were from the smoking and basically refused to do any examination or discuss his health any further. He ordered lab work and left the room. At that point we were so frustrated that we decided to see another doctor. About a month later, my husband was experiencing dizziness and numbness so I took him into the urgent care. The doctor he saw that day commented on the high blood pressure medication that Dr. Devaux had prescribed and that my husband actually had low blood pressure. I am so glad that we were unaware of the prescribed medication because it could have caused my husband to die! We also discovered that all his health concerns were valid and that he is in need of further attention. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. Not only does he have terrible bedside manner, but he ignored real health concerns and prescribed inaccurate medication.
14 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Christian A Devaux accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christian A Devaux is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, OR.