Have questions? Those are not welcome here.

Dr. Gallery just called me and said he wrote a formal letter of separation. I'm not allowed to go back there because I've been calling his office to ask questions about my medication changes and dosage. The receptionist and nurse got sick of me calling in and gave me the worst customer service. I expressed my discontent to the nurse and apologized for calling, but since I'm taking 4 different pills, two of which keep changing and increasing in dose, I have questions about things and would rather ask the doctor than just do things myself. He said he'd rather keep his staff comfortable and safe than continue our patient, Dr. relationship. This is rather laughable because at no time did the staff feel unsafe. An educated Black person expressed discontent in the service they received without raising voices, without adding profanity, but in the most professional manner. I am a smart, educated Black person who does my research and will ask questions if I don't understand something. Looks like my kind are not welcome at Dr. Gallery and Dr. David's office. I am extremely disappointed in both the doctor and the staff here for kicking a patient out of their care for merely asking questions.

Terrible experience with staff!

If I could give zero stars, I would! I had the absolute worst experience I have ever had of any medical clinic I visited in my life. Dr. Gallery came highly recommended to me, and I have no doubt that he is likely a great medical provider. However, his office staff was completely unprofessional and the care I received from the Nurse Practitioner in the office was, in my opinion, subpar. I called to make an appointment as a new patient; the first appointment I could get was four months later, which was fine. When I made that appointment, I stated that I was a new patient seeking a physical with Dr. Gallery. My appointment was made. Fash forward four months... I arrive at the doctor's office, which is two hours from my home. I am taken back, vitals checked, and told that the NP would be in shortly. I asked about seeing Dr. Gallery and was told at that point that their SOP was that new patients saw the NP first and only saw the doctor if there were issues. I was not happy--why was I not told this when I made the appointment? I appreciate and completely understand if this is their policy, but it's incredibly terrible customer service to completely neglect to mention that when someone makes an appointment. If I wanted to see an NP, I would have sought out an NP. So then the NP comes in and speaks to me. She was very nice, and after a couple of minutes of chatting, she asks when I'd like to come back to do my physical. Um.... that's what I thought I was there fore. She explained that no, the first visit is to establish care and then you come back for the physical. Again... I understand policies... but why was this not explained to me when I made my appointment? I drove two hours one way to get there. At that point I told her that I was very unhappy with my experience and she said she would see what she could do. She then checked her schedule and was able to squeeze in a physical for me... which lasted about 10 minutes. A physical should be a head to toe exam. This was not a head to toe exam. She spent hardly any time actually examining me, and the rest of the time asking a few questions. She gave me an order for blood work, told me to call the office a few days after I got the labs drawn to find out the results, and I was done. I left the appointment feeling very disappointed and let down. I got the blood drawn the next day. I realized two weeks later I never heard from this office, so I called and was told they didn't have my results. I got in touch with the office that drew the blood, and they gave me a copy of the lab results, which, at the bottom, clearly listed that the results were in fact faxed to Dr. Gallery's office. I called them to let them know I faxed a copy of the results to them. A few hours later, Jeanette called me back, gave me very basic results over the phone, and said if I wanted to discuss anything further I'd have to make an appointment, which of course I understood. But I was overall still feeling unhappy with my experience, so I asked her if they had a formal method for feedback. She told me I could give her my feedback as she was the office manager. I proceeded to tell her my story, only to be interrupted many times, and essentially called a liar. She informed me that they ALWAYS tell first time patients that they will first see the NP, and not the doctor. When I insisted to her that I wasn't told that, she insisted right back that I was because it's their policy to tell people that info. When I again stated I wasn't, she then said that maybe they forgot because they were busy or something. After I was interrupted for the fourth or fifth time, I told her that I was no longer interested in speaking with her and I'd be writing a formal complaint letter to Dr. Gallery. I have honestly never had such a horrible experience with any professional office in my life. I haven't had a steady primary care provider in years, and I was really looking forward to establishing a relationship with Dr. Gallery. I am horrified by the way I was treated by everyone I encountered in the office. I cannot recommend this doctor's office to anyone, based on the experience I had.

go find another doctor

patient

Dr. Gallery has been my Primary Physician for many years and I really do find him to be an excellent care giver. He always makes time for any of my questions or problems and takes my foibles into account .

Very good doctor

I have received very good care from Dr. Gallery.

Dr. Christian A Gallery is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Merced, CA.