Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Christian B Mathy has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christian B Mathy has the following 15 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Celiac Disease
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Hepatitis C
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christian B Mathy - Posted on August 31st, 2018
Treated me for Barretts. We went though over a year of abation treatments. Follow ups reveal that I am doing great and clean of Barrett’s. I am very grateful to Dr. Mathy and the course of treatment he recommended. I was sorry to find out he left UCSF. Staff at UCSF could not tell me where he is now. Five stars from me.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christian B Mathy - Posted on August 10th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christian B Mathy - Posted on April 22nd, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2018, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
21 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Christian B Mathy Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Christian B Mathy's office for more information.
1701 Divisadero St Ste 120 San Francisco, CA : (415) 502-4444
Locations & DirectionsGASTROENTEROLOGY AT MOUNT ZION, 1701 Divisadero St Ste 120, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christian B Mathy, MD - Gastroenterology in San Francisco, CA, in this video.
Dr. Christian B Mathy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.