Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christina L Adams
Dr. Christina L Adams, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Adams is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas and Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla. Dr. Adams has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Christina L Adams has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Cardiovascular Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Waited 35 minutes to see the doctor as a new patient and was very dissatisfied she was rototic and hurried, time with me was 15 minutes. No bedside manner or personability, after nurse did an ekg the doc cracked the door open to tell me results were good never stepped back inside the room. Very poor first impression. Her bio is impressive but she came off cold and disconnected, just another number. Unfortunate as I have heard this doctor is very smart.
She was very unprofessional during the appointment, relying on her introspections, and conjectures rather than awaiting the lab results. Relevant symptoms were dismissed as laziness rather than being related to a heart problem that the lab test documented. Her staff believes that she has good clinical ability. But the patient may have to suffer through a superficial, patronizing assessment to be able to access her clinical acumen.
Dr. Adams is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Christina L Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Green Hospital, 10666 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA
Dr. Christina L Adams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.