Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christina T Calabrese
Dr. Christina T Calabrese, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Palo Alto, CA, with another office in French Camp, CA. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Calabrese is affiliated with Palomar Medical Center Poway and Sharp Memorial Hospital. Dr. Calabrese has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Christina T Calabrese has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I am writing this on behalf of my father, whose health I manage and is a patient of Dr. Calabrese. Our experience has been one of a doctor that genuinely cares for her patients, follows up as needed, is available via telephone for additional consult. If all doctors had this level of caring for patients, the medical world would be a better place
Dr. Calabrese appears interested in her patients and actually listens to what they have to say. She seems to really care about the emotional and physical health of her patients. She seems to have a lot of empathy for what her patient is going through. She is very smart and knows her stuff. I am hard to win over when it comes to doctors but she has won me over. If you appreciate a caring doctor with a no nonsense approach then she would be a good fit.
Dr. Calabrese is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Christina T Calabrese accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christina T Calabrese in this video.
Dr. Christina T Calabrese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.