Dr. Christina Casals Ariet Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Christina Casals Ariet?

Very out of the box thinking. Helped me tremendously by suggesting a med with some risk to it -- it worked, I got way better. Thanks, Christina.

I was in tx with her for 1.5 yrs. Things I thought were quirky characteristics became problematic. 1. She made phone calls/sent text msgs several times throughout my wkly sessions to other pts. She was constantly distracted and it hindered her understanding of my presenting problems. She forgot important details about my life. 2. Issues with patient confidentiality: She wanted to put a photo of me on her office wall. If I brought in pics of my family to show her in session she asked to bring them home to show her mother. 3. Boundaries: She asked me to buy her sandals on an internet website and a local store. I naively complied, and it became an awkward situation for me when the shoes did not fit and she asked me to exchange them for her. 4. Finally: this doctor has a severe eating disorder. I terminated tx when she confirmed this after I confronted her on it. Though she was somewhat helpful overall (and I gave her the benefit of the doubt by sticking with her for a long time), she ultimately did more harm than good. Interestingly, I lost about 10 lbs over the course of tx, which she was not at all concerned about. I now work in the mental health field and familiar with the code of ethics in working clinically with mental health pts. This clinician's manner of practice raises lots of ethical red flags.

Incredibly smart psychiatrist. Kind of quirky, in a mostly good way. Very caring. Not afraid to take risks and very flexible. Can be brusque which is sometimes off putting, but overall really wonderful.